The Edlavitch DCJCC provides employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), personal appearance, genetic information, economic background, political affiliation, marital status, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, place of residence or business, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Immediate Staff Openings:
Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Lauren Eskovitz, Preschool Director
Full-Time Position: 40 hours / week
The Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool is seeking full-time early childhood teachers for our year-round program. The EDCJCC Preschool follows a play-based, constructivist/Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We are a Jewish preschool that celebrates Jewish holidays and emphasizes Jewish values. We are in the heart of Washington DC and enjoy the benefit of allowing our students to explore the neighborhood. We are looking for dedicated early childhood educators who are inspired by exploration, investigation, and observation and who are excited to meet children where they are and help them get where they need to go.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. In conjunction with your co-teachers, follow and develop developmentally appropriate, constructivist curriculum that includes best-practices for early childhood education while interweaving Jewish content. This includes:
• Creating a learning space that promotes curiosity, discovery, independence, self-esteem and creativity.
• Creating and documenting units of study by drawing on children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder.
• Being present with children, asking questions, listening and honoring their thoughts and ideas.
• Teaching Jewish content to support children’s Jewish learning and identity.
2. Document children’s learning through tools such as portfolios, visuals and written reflections, as well as provide daily communication with parents.
3. Attend, assist, and participate in staff workshops, meetings, trainings and performance reviews.
4. Work in a partnership that includes staff, parents and children.
5. Fulfill all licensing requirements from OSSE and NAEYC.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates must have:
• A college degree (BA/BS or CDA) or higher in early childhood education/child development.
• Classroom experience working with a mixed age group, 2-5 years of age.
• A demonstrated understanding of the different developmental stages of two-, three-, four-, and five-year-olds, and effective ways to support their social and emotional development.
• Experience developing and delivering age-appropriate curriculum and tracking children’s progress.
• Strong group management skills.
• Exceptional classroom and time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Judaic knowledge or a willingness to learn and implement Judaic culture into the classroom.
Compensation & Benefits
• Compensation is commensurate with experience
• Health/dental/vision/life/insurance, retirement plan, Flexible Spending Accounts including commuter subsidy
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good fit for this position and a resume to email@example.com
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive and equal opportunity Employer.