The Edlavitch DCJCC provides employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), personal appearance, genetic information, economic background, political affiliation, marital status, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, place of residence or business, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Immediate Staff Openings:
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) seeks a development professional to join our Development and Marketing Team. This position will report to the Director of Development and Marketing, and is responsible for the following:
• Support the Director of Marketing and Development, along with Executive and Director level staff of programs such as Theater J, JxJ (the Washington Jewish Film and Music Festival), and the Morris Cafritz Center for Social Responsibility, on implementing annual giving campaign strategies and plans.
• Process and manage all pledges, gifts, and contributions in fundraising database (eFinnestri/QuattroC) and on internal spreadsheets and records.
• Generate accurate and timely acknowledgement letters/tax receipts for all donations.
• Develop and support grant applications and proposal writing in collaboration with the team as needed.
• Support and help execute special events — including donor engagement events, board presentations, and special fundraising events; take minutes as needed.
• Collaborate with staff to pull donor reports and mailing lists from donor management and CRM systems.
• In coordination with Director level staff and Director of Marketing and Development, take the lead on special fundraising campaigns and events, such as annual appeals.
• Conduct prospect research on individual donors and identifying prospects for solicitation or upgrade.
• Work with Marketing and Communications Team to ensure regular donor recognition updates on the website, including creation of individual donation pages on website.
• Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team on all print and digital collateral.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time opportunity. General hours are Monday – Thursday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Friday.
Occasional evening/weekend hours required.
Commensurate with experience.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
• 2+ years of Fundraising / Data Systems experience, preferably in a complex non-profit environment
• Excellent writing skills and preferably first-hand experience with developing donor correspondence, marketing and stewardship emails, grant reports, and proposals
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, priorities and workflow with success and accuracy.
• Self-motivated person who takes initiative to begin and complete projects on their own, but also appreciates a highly collaborative work style.
• Friendly and flexible team player attitude with a willingness to pitch in on projects and tasks.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Emily Jillson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
About the Edlavitch DCJCC
Guided by Jewish values and heritage, the EDCJCC engages individuals and families through its cultural, recreational, educational, and social justice programs by welcoming people of all backgrounds to connect, learn, serve and be entertained together in ways that reflect the unique role of the Center in the nation’s capital.
Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Lauren Eskovitz, Preschool Director
Full-Time Position: 40 hours / week
The Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool is seeking full-time early childhood teachers for our year-round program. The EDCJCC Preschool follows a play-based, constructivist/Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We are a Jewish preschool that celebrates Jewish holidays and emphasizes Jewish values. We are in the heart of Washington DC and enjoy the benefit of allowing our students to explore the neighborhood. We are looking for dedicated early childhood educators who are inspired by exploration, investigation, and observation and who are excited to meet children where they are and help them get where they need to go.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. In conjunction with your co-teachers, follow and develop developmentally appropriate, constructivist curriculum that includes best-practices for early childhood education while interweaving Jewish content. This includes:
• Creating a learning space that promotes curiosity, discovery, independence, self-esteem and creativity.
• Creating and documenting units of study by drawing on children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder.
• Being present with children, asking questions, listening and honoring their thoughts and ideas.
• Teaching Jewish content to support children’s Jewish learning and identity.
2. Document children’s learning through tools such as portfolios, visuals and written reflections, as well as provide daily communication with parents.
3. Attend, assist, and participate in staff workshops, meetings, trainings and performance reviews.
4. Work in a partnership that includes staff, parents and children.
5. Fulfill all licensing requirements from OSSE and NAEYC.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates must have:
• A college degree (BA/BS or CDA) or higher in early childhood education/child development.
• Classroom experience working with a mixed age group, 2-5 years of age.
• A demonstrated understanding of the different developmental stages of two-, three-, four-, and five-year-olds, and effective ways to support their social and emotional development.
• Experience developing and delivering age-appropriate curriculum and tracking children’s progress.
• Strong group management skills.
• Exceptional classroom and time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Judaic knowledge or a willingness to learn and implement Judaic culture into the classroom.
Compensation & Benefits
• Compensation is commensurate with experience
• Health/dental/vision/life/insurance, retirement plan, Flexible Spending Accounts including commuter subsidy
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good fit for this position and a resume to email@example.com
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive and equal opportunity Employer.