The Edlavitch DCJCC is a nonprofit organization and equal opportunity employer.
Immediate Staff Openings:
Membership Sales Associate Director
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) is seeking a Membership Sales Associate Director to join the membership department.
The Membership Sales Associate Director works closely with the Member Services Director at the Edlavitch DCJCC to attract and retain members, providing excellent onboarding contact and information as well as outstanding ongoing member/customer service. The Associate Director must be outgoing, proactive, organized, and self-motivated. This person also assists management in meeting membership financial objectives. Full-time and part-time applications welcome.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Sales and Customer Service
• Achieve monthly sales goals set by Membership and Management team.
Actively develop leads for prospective members.
• Respond to telephone and email membership inquiries, booking and maintaining appointments for tours.
• Provide enthusiastic and informative tours.
• Educate prospective members on the benefits of health and wellness.
• Up-sell personal training and manage intake forms and initiate the scheduling process with Wellness Manager. Follow all PT sales to completion of first scheduled appointment.
• Complete all membership paperwork accurately for new members, including application and required personal training forms. Process daily point of sale payments. Setup future invoice payment plans. Track and report daily activity with prospects and daily membership sales.
• Follow inquiries and requests to completion, even when passed to another staff member.
• Respond to all member requests in 24 hours or less. Be available during membership open business hours for walk in requests and concerns.
• Be the J’s “good will” ambassador within and outside the center walls. Say, “Hi!” and smile when greeting members.
Marketing, Communication, and Outreach
• Actively seek out opportunities to market the EDCJCC Fitness Center.
• Distribute passes, fliers, and other materials to create traffic flow of prospective members.
• Develop and maintain relationships with local business and residential buildings to create traffic flow of prospective members.
• Develop relationships with existing members and encourage member referrals.
• Assist with member engagement emails and social networking as needed.
• Maintain marketing materials in the office and ensure that membership packets are readily available to staff and to the Q St reception desk.
• Update monthly/event related template flyers for internal posting.
• Maintain accurate Daily Sales Report.
• Process daily credit card, check, and cash transactions and report to accounting and to Member Services Director.
• Run End of Shift reports for all work days, turn in cash and checks to accounting and copies of all reported sales to the Membership Director.
• Plan and track expenses for any outreach marketing/events. Work with Director to ensure that all outreach efforts are within budget.
• Complete and submit paperwork to assure prompt payment of vendors and accurate accounting.
• Attend Fitness/Membership Committee meetings upon request.
• Assist Membership Director in keeping membership accounts for board members up to date.
• Know your committee members.
• Other duties as needed.
• This position requires Sunday and evening work hours.
• 3-5 years sales experience.
• 5 + years customer service experience.
• Personal and/or professional experience with fitness centers.
• Excellent skills working with member databases and Excel.
• Working understanding of social media platforms.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and two references to Tena Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org in one document. No phone calls please.
Part-Time Audience Services Associate
Audience Services Associates are part of a dynamic team at Theater J, the largest arts program of the Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC). The EDCJCC is currently undergoing a renovation with an expected completion in the summer of 2019 that will feature a new centralized Ticket Office for the arts.
The Audience Services Associate provides box office and front of house support to ensure the highest level of customer service for Theater J patrons through every stage of their ticket purchase process and visit.
Monday to Friday, 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Additional three-hour shift available at performance times, including nights and weekends.
The Audience Services Associate provides the frontline of customer service, selling both subscriptions and single tickets, answering patron’s questions via phone and in person, processing exchanges and donations, and performing other administrative duties. The Audience Services Associate also participates in the annual subscription campaign, assists with group sales and reservations, and other tasks assigned as assigned by supervisor.
Shifts of 4 – 5 hours based on the performance schedule and run-time, including nights and weekends.
The Audience Services Associate oversees all front of house operations, including providing excellent customer service, supervising volunteer ushers, managing concessions, and aiding audience members in making their experience at Theater J rewarding and seamless.
• Strong customer service skills in person, via email, and over the phone.
• Ability to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor under pressure.
• Exhibits strong computer skills.
• Must be able to move concession items up to 50lbs.
• Experience using a customer database, POS, or ticketing system a plus but not required.
• Direct box office/house management experience preferred but not required.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to Brian Andrade, Director of Patron Services, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer.
Part-Time Guest Services Associate
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center is seeking a Part-Time Guest Services Associate to join the Guest Services team. The Guest Services Associate works closely with the Membership Services Director, Guest Services Manager, and Front Desk Reception Staff to ensure smooth, friendly, and efficient operation of the EDCJCC’s reception desk.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• As the “front face” of the EDCJCC, maintain the highest level of professionalism and customer service with constituents and staff alike.
• Maintain familiarity with various operations, security, and check-in procedures and strive to keep a “seamless” check-in feeling to incoming guests.
• Greet visitors to the facility, inform appropriate staff member of their guest arrival and direct the guest accordingly.
• Operates multi line main console switchboard and directs calls to appropriate party.
• Maintain familiarity with all scheduled programs and activities weekly/daily
• Keep the reception desk clean and organized.
Front Desk Management:
• Stay in communication with programmers and make updates to schedule as needed and communicate updates to other desk staff and management as appropriate.
• Attend front desk staff meetings.
• Attend all scheduled shifts, find substitutes for needed shift changes, keep the front desk work schedule/calendar and management up to date with shift changes.
• Ensure that the next reception staff has all the tools needed to perform their job efficiently, including physical materials and program knowledge. Arrive five minutes before scheduled shift to review program updates and begin shift prepared.
• Facilitate entry into the building/parking lot using buzzer system.
• Sign-in visitors and guests via appropriate method per type of visit.
• Assist security in monitoring front door/parking lot/building inside and outside activity on CCTV system. Report any suspicious conditions to security.
• Work with Membership Services Director on data entry and administrative tasks as needed.
• Keep daily record of the number of children from each Preschool classroom that exit/enter the building
• In the event of a drill or emergency, notify all staff/appropriate staff and follow security procedures for that event. Maintain active understanding of current security plan.
• Sign for deliveries, prompt security to check-in packages, and advise recipients of the delivery. Contact maintenance as needed to delivery large packages in the building and keep reception area clear.
• Assist staff in holding items for guest pick-up, using appropriate information form.
• Communicate with security, and maintenance via walkie-talkie as needed.
• Check Outlook daily for security alerts and staff updates/notices.
• 2-3 years of customer experience
• Prior experience in a front desk/reception position a plus
• Prior experience with a community center preferred
• Basic computer, POS, and Microsoft Office experience a must
• Ideal candidate would be a fast learner, able to be productive under pressure, capable of handling high volume/multi-program needs, and has excellent time management skills
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter of your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Lauren Eskovitz, Preschool Director
Full-Time Position: 40 hours / week
The Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool is seeking full-time early childhood teachers for our year-round program. The EDCJCC Preschool follows a play-based, constructivist/Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We are a Jewish preschool that celebrates Jewish holidays and emphasizes Jewish values. We are in the heart of Washington DC and enjoy the benefit of allowing our students to explore the neighborhood. We are looking for dedicated early childhood educators who are inspired by exploration, investigation, and observation and who are excited to meet children where they are and help them get where they need to go.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. In conjunction with your co-teachers, follow and develop developmentally appropriate, constructivist curriculum that includes best-practices for early childhood education while interweaving Jewish content. This includes:
• Creating a learning space that promotes curiosity, discovery, independence, self-esteem and creativity.
• Creating and documenting units of study by drawing on children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder.
• Being present with children, asking questions, listening and honoring their thoughts and ideas.
• Teaching Jewish content to support children’s Jewish learning and identity.
2. Document children’s learning through tools such as portfolios, visuals and written reflections, as well as provide daily communication with parents.
3. Attend, assist, and participate in staff workshops, meetings, trainings and performance reviews.
4. Work in a partnership that includes staff, parents and children.
5. Fulfill all licensing requirements from OSSE and NAEYC.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates must have:
• A college degree (BA/BS or CDA) or higher in early childhood education/child development.
• Classroom experience working with a mixed age group, 2-5 years of age.
• A demonstrated understanding of the different developmental stages of two-, three-, four-, and five-year-olds, and effective ways to support their social and emotional development.
• Experience developing and delivering age-appropriate curriculum and tracking children’s progress.
• Strong group management skills.
• Exceptional classroom and time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Judaic knowledge or a willingness to learn and implement Judaic culture into the classroom.
Compensation & Benefits
• Compensation is commensurate with experience
• Health/dental insurance
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good fit for this position and a resume to email@example.com
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive and equal opportunity Employer.