The Edlavitch DCJCC is a nonprofit organization and equal opportunity employer.
Immediate Staff Openings:
Human Resources Generalist
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) is currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team!
Ideal candidates will have a can-do, anything is possible, positive attitude. The ideal HR Generalist will have at least 5 years of experience of relevant HR experience with a focus on: Onboarding, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Training & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Payroll.
• Administer leave and benefits programs
• Prepare and maintain all employee records, letters and other contractual documents in personnel files
• Support the employee life cycle process, including on-boarding, performance management, staff training and development and off-boarding activities, etc.
• Promote learning and development within the agency; facilitate training when required
• Manage employee relationships
• Advise Leadership on day to day employee issues
• Handle HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements. Liaise with outside legal counsel as needed
• Support Leadership by completing ad hoc tasks and projects according to business needs
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Human Resource Management or at least 5 years of Human Resources generalist experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
• A strong communicator and highly collaborative with exceptional relationship management skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience successfully leading, coaching and mentoring others
• Effective influencing skills in helping to create positive work culture
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to team effectively with others
• Ability to successfully drive change and implement new business processes
About the Edlavitch DCJCC
The goals of the Edlavitch DCJCC are to preserve and strengthen Jewish identity, heritage, tradition and values through a wide variety of social, cultural, recreational, and educational programs and services. The Center accomplishes these goals in ways that reflect the unique location and role of the Center in the nation’s Capital and the many contributions of the American Jewish community in the United States.
While the Center is designed primarily to fulfill the needs of the Jewish community and to preserve and enhance the culture, traditions, ethics, and philosophy of Judaism, membership and participation in activities of the Center are open to all residents of the metropolitan area. The EDCJCC is a beneficiary agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, and a designated agency of the United Way.
To apply, interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Craig Mintz, Chief Financial Operator, at email@example.com.
Director of Patron Services
Theater J, the nation’s premier Jewish theater company, seeks a Director of Patron Services with 2+ years of experience to be part of Theater J’s dynamic full-time team. The largest arts program of the Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC), Theater J is “the nation’s most prominent Jewish theater” (American Theatre Magazine) and entering its 29th season with a return to the newly renovated JCC and a refreshed Aaron & Cecile Goldman Theater, the 240-seat proscenium stage. Theater J is a nationally-renowned, professional theater that celebrates, explores, and struggles with the complexities and nuances of both the Jewish experience and the universal human condition. As the nation’s largest and most prominent Jewish theater, we aim to preserve and expand a rich Jewish theatrical tradition and to create community and commonality through theater-going experiences.
Responsibilities include working with the marketing team to create sales strategies, implementing those strategies, and tracking and analyzing sales results; planning and executing the annual subscription campaign; managing Theater J’s ticket inventory, including the ticketing software system and all sales through other outlets; create and enforce ticketing and operations policies; and co-managing the Ticket Office Manager.
The Director of Patron Services will report directly to Theater J’s Managing Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of experience in a patron services position in the arts
• Good organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to multitask
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills
• Ability to work strategically, independently and be a team player
• Strong customer service skills in person, over the phone, and in written communication
• Familiarity with various ticketing software programs. Familiarity with Spektrix is a plus, but not a requirement
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Jojo Ruf, Managing Director of Theater J, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Theater J, Director of Patron Services Search.” No phone calls please.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: The EDCJCC offers a generous benefits/vacation package.
Start Date: Summer 2019
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Part-Time Audience Services Associate
Audience Services Associates are part of a dynamic team at Theater J, the largest arts program of the Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC). The EDCJCC is currently undergoing a renovation with an expected completion in the summer of 2019 that will feature a new centralized Ticket Office for the arts.
The Audience Services Associate provides box office and front of house support to ensure the highest level of customer service for Theater J patrons through every stage of their ticket purchase process and visit.
Monday to Friday, 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Additional three-hour shift available at performance times, including nights and weekends.
The Audience Services Associate provides the frontline of customer service, selling both subscriptions and single tickets, answering patron’s questions via phone and in person, processing exchanges and donations, and performing other administrative duties. The Audience Services Associate also participates in the annual subscription campaign, assists with group sales and reservations, and other tasks assigned as assigned by supervisor.
Shifts of 4 – 5 hours based on the performance schedule and run-time, including nights and weekends.
The Audience Services Associate oversees all front of house operations, including providing excellent customer service, supervising volunteer ushers, managing concessions, and aiding audience members in making their experience at Theater J rewarding and seamless.
• Strong customer service skills in person, via email, and over the phone.
• Ability to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor under pressure.
• Exhibits strong computer skills.
• Must be able to move concession items up to 50lbs.
• Experience using a customer database, POS, or ticketing system a plus but not required.
• Direct box office/house management experience preferred but not required.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to Brian Andrade, Director of Patron Services, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer.
Part-Time Guest Services Associate
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center is seeking a Part-Time Guest Services Associate to join the Guest Services team. The Guest Services Associate works closely with the Membership Services Director, Guest Services Manager, and Front Desk Reception Staff to ensure smooth, friendly, and efficient operation of the EDCJCC’s reception desk.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• As the “front face” of the EDCJCC, maintain the highest level of professionalism and customer service with constituents and staff alike.
• Maintain familiarity with various operations, security, and check-in procedures and strive to keep a “seamless” check-in feeling to incoming guests.
• Greet visitors to the facility, inform appropriate staff member of their guest arrival and direct the guest accordingly.
• Operates multi line main console switchboard and directs calls to appropriate party.
• Maintain familiarity with all scheduled programs and activities weekly/daily
• Keep the reception desk clean and organized.
Front Desk Management:
• Stay in communication with programmers and make updates to schedule as needed and communicate updates to other desk staff and management as appropriate.
• Attend front desk staff meetings.
• Attend all scheduled shifts, find substitutes for needed shift changes, keep the front desk work schedule/calendar and management up to date with shift changes.
• Ensure that the next reception staff has all the tools needed to perform their job efficiently, including physical materials and program knowledge. Arrive five minutes before scheduled shift to review program updates and begin shift prepared.
• Facilitate entry into the building/parking lot using buzzer system.
• Sign-in visitors and guests via appropriate method per type of visit.
• Assist security in monitoring front door/parking lot/building inside and outside activity on CCTV system. Report any suspicious conditions to security.
• Work with Membership Services Director on data entry and administrative tasks as needed.
• Keep daily record of the number of children from each Preschool classroom that exit/enter the building
• In the event of a drill or emergency, notify all staff/appropriate staff and follow security procedures for that event. Maintain active understanding of current security plan.
• Sign for deliveries, prompt security to check-in packages, and advise recipients of the delivery. Contact maintenance as needed to delivery large packages in the building and keep reception area clear.
• Assist staff in holding items for guest pick-up, using appropriate information form.
• Communicate with security, and maintenance via walkie-talkie as needed.
• Check Outlook daily for security alerts and staff updates/notices.
• 2-3 years of customer experience
• Prior experience in a front desk/reception position a plus
• Prior experience with a community center preferred
• Basic computer, POS, and Microsoft Office experience a must
• Ideal candidate would be a fast learner, able to be productive under pressure, capable of handling high volume/multi-program needs, and has excellent time management skills
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter of your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Lauren Eskovitz, Preschool Director
Full-Time Position: 40 hours / week
The Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool is seeking full-time early childhood teachers for our year-round program. The EDCJCC Preschool follows a play-based, constructivist/Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We are a Jewish preschool that celebrates Jewish holidays and emphasizes Jewish values. We are in the heart of Washington DC and enjoy the benefit of allowing our students to explore the neighborhood. We are looking for dedicated early childhood educators who are inspired by exploration, investigation, and observation and who are excited to meet children where they are and help them get where they need to go.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. In conjunction with your co-teachers, follow and develop developmentally appropriate, constructivist curriculum that includes best-practices for early childhood education while interweaving Jewish content. This includes:
• Creating a learning space that promotes curiosity, discovery, independence, self-esteem and creativity.
• Creating and documenting units of study by drawing on children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder.
• Being present with children, asking questions, listening and honoring their thoughts and ideas.
• Teaching Jewish content to support children’s Jewish learning and identity.
2. Document children’s learning through tools such as portfolios, visuals and written reflections, as well as provide daily communication with parents.
3. Attend, assist, and participate in staff workshops, meetings, trainings and performance reviews.
4. Work in a partnership that includes staff, parents and children.
5. Fulfill all licensing requirements from OSSE and NAEYC.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates must have:
• A college degree (BA/BS or CDA) or higher in early childhood education/child development.
• Classroom experience working with a mixed age group, 2-5 years of age.
• A demonstrated understanding of the different developmental stages of two-, three-, four-, and five-year-olds, and effective ways to support their social and emotional development.
• Experience developing and delivering age-appropriate curriculum and tracking children’s progress.
• Strong group management skills.
• Exceptional classroom and time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Judaic knowledge or a willingness to learn and implement Judaic culture into the classroom.
Compensation & Benefits
• Compensation is commensurate with experience
• Health/dental insurance
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good fit for this position and a resume to email@example.com
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive and equal opportunity Employer.