The Edlavitch DCJCC is a nonprofit organization and equal opportunity employer.
Immediate Staff Openings:
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community (Edlavitch DCJCC) seeks a senior development professional to join the Development team in the area of major gifts. S/he will provide leadership in formulating and implementing effective goals, strategies, and activities to secure major and principal gifts in the five-six figure range. The Major Gifts Officer will provide collaborative leadership in strategizing and facilitating opportunities for major gift fundraising at the EDCJCC.
This position will report to the Director of Development and Marketing and will work collaboratively and strategically with the Director of Development and Marketing, Chief Executive Officer, and executive and director level staff throughout the institution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising program for the EDCJCC, specifically in the area of major gifts from new, individual donors
- Manage a portfolio of 100 – 150 prospective major donors with a focus on expanding major donor interest and giving and building donor relationships
- Develop and implements individual action plans to increase the giving of existing major donors
- Work with Director of Development and Marketing, Chief Executive Officer, and director level program staff to conduct prospect identification, research, solicitation, and stewardship
- Provide fundraising guidance and oversight on web and printed donor materials and communications
- Event support, and other duties as assigned
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full time preferred; open to part time. Full time days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Thursday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Friday. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience. The Edlavitch DCJCC offers a generous benefits/vacation package.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four – six years’ fundraising experience including proven success in developing major new donors.
- Ability to track progress of each major account using database programs and Microsoft Excel.
- Established track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and maintaining major gifts from individuals.
- Self-Starter. High energy personality with ability to identify and develop new donors.
- Team-player. Proven ability to work well and collaboratively with teams in complex situations and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to participate in agency/community events, as necessary.
About the Edlavitch DCJCC
The goals of the Edlavitch DCJCC are to preserve and strengthen Jewish identity, heritage, tradition and values through a wide variety of social, cultural, recreational, and educational programs and services. The Center accomplishes these goals in ways that reflect the unique location and role of the Center in the nation’s Capital and the many contributions of the American Jewish community in the United States. The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the position:
The Morris Cafritz Center for Community Service is seeking an energetic and highly organized individual to join our team as a Days of Service Coordinator. Working closely with department staff, the Coordinator will help us run our three largest annual Days of Service – a Thanksgiving program called Everything But The Turkey (EBTT), December 25Th Day of Service (D25), and Martin Luther King Day of Service. Together, these three programs provide hundreds of hours of service to the community and engage over 2,000 volunteers. The Coordinator will be a crucial support to both organizing as well as running these major events.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist with volunteer registration for EBTT, D25, and MLK Day, including responding to questions and inquiries
- Keep track of details for each D25 service site, with continuous follow-up for any missing information
- Help recruit, train, and communicate with Team Captains for both EBTT and D25
- Staff all three events (must be able to work all day on November 18 & 19, half day on December 24, all day on December 25, and half day on January 21)
- Assist with in-kind donation solicitation and organizing
- Assist with program set-up and clean-up for all three events
- Assist with advertising and outreach for all programs, including through social media
- Other duties as assigned
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid writing and e-communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Flexibility, maturity, and a sense of humor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A genuine interest in providing a meaningful experience for our volunteers
October 22, 2018 – January 22, 2019. Start and end dates are negotiable. Approximately 10-15 hours a week, with some evenings. Full days on November 18 and 19, half day on December 24, all day on December 25, and half day on January 21. Hours are otherwise flexible with the option to work from home available.
This is a contracted position for a total amount of $3,500. No benefits are included with this position.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, and two references to Sonya Weisburd at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Audience Services Associate provides box office and front of house support to ensure the highest level of customer service for our patrons through every stage of their ticket purchase process and visit for performances.
Responsibilities include daily box office duties such as assisting subscribers and single ticket buyers with questions, exchanges, directions, purchases, and donations. The Audience Services Associate also participates in the annual subscription campaign, assists with group reservations and other tasks assigned by the Director of Patron Services.
During performances, ticketing responsibilities include preparing will call tickets and completing sales reports for day-of-show purchases. House management responsibilities include welcoming and cultivating patrons, overseeing front of house operations, supervising volunteer ushers, managing concessions, and aiding audience members to make their visit rewarding.
Daytime box office shifts available Monday through Friday from 12:00 to 4:00 PM, and additional box office and house managing shifts available based on the performance schedule, which includes nights and weekends.
• Experience using a customer database, POS, or ticketing system.
• Strong customer service skills in person, in writing, and over the phone.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure.
• Direct house management and ticketing experience preferred but not required.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Brian Andrade, Director of Patron Services at Brian@theaterj.org. No phone calls please.
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer.
The Edlavitch DCJCC, located in the Dupont Circle area of Downtown D.C., is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week – Part-Time B) Director of Inclusion and Disability Programming. This person works closely with the Chief Administrative Officer to oversee the Inclusion and Disability Program at the EDCJCC. This newly developed program includes: Vocational Volunteering, Educational Workshops, Social, and Fitness components, and currently serves approximately one hundred young adults.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
Inclusion Programs: Vocational Volunteering, Educational Workshops
- Oversee Vocational Volunteers, including scheduling their participation
- Communicate weekly with school partners, vocational volunteers, etc.
- Coordinate and Communicate with all departments at the EDCJCC for Vocational Training jobs, i.e.: Theater, Film, Membership, Community Service, etc.
- Recruit, oversee, coordinate and communicate with all internship sites, including pre-site visits
- Implement, modify, and develop the vocational volunteer curriculum and develop new curriculum
- Staff ‘Your Path to Success’, Educational workshops, and all other vocational programming
Inclusion Programs: Social, Fitness, Buddy-Up Program
- Support the Inclusion Programming Manager with all Social and Fitness Programs
- Support the Inclusion Programming Manager with the Buddy Up Program
- Work Collaboratively with the Inclusion Programming Manager to develop new programs
- Maintain positive relationships with school partners, vendors, contractors, families, and young adults
- Outreach to new families, vendors, and school partners
- Set-up and monitor event pages for registration
- Responsible for updating the Inclusion Website, and Bi-Weekly Newsletters
- Prepare materials for marketing sets
- Order supplies, create POs, and do staff timesheet approvals
- Create and oversee the Inclusion Annual Budget, in collaboration with the Chief Administrative Officer
- Support Inclusion Programming Manager with all job responsibilities related to Summer of Service Inclusion Camp
- Oversee and manage Inclusion Staff and Interns
- Oversee and Staff the Inclusion Committee
- Develop, Modify, and implement trainings for staff
- Attend staff inclusion programs as needed
Edlavitch DCJCC Inclusion Mission
The EDCJCC is committed to providing young adults of all abilities opportunities to create meaningful and well-rounded lives through social engagement, vocational opportunities, fitness, community service, and educational workshops. We empower young adults, develop leaders, and support independence. We strive for inclusivity in all our programs. In addition, the EDCJCC provides a more inclusive environment for our existing programs.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, although a Master’s Degree is preferred, in a related field such as Special Education, Transition Services, and/or Secondary Education. At least 3 years’ experience working in an organization or company in some type of role working with people with disabilities/inclusion services. We are looking for a strong programmer who is detail oriented and is comfortable with scheduling, finances, and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable with technology and computers.
Preferred Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health & Dental, Vacation/Sick Time, EDCJCC Membership, and Flex Spending Plan
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive and equal opportunity Employer.