The Edlavitch DCJCC provides employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), personal appearance, genetic information, economic background, political affiliation, marital status, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, place of residence or business, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Immediate Staff Openings:
The Edlavitch DCJCC seeks a strong sales professional to join the Membership team. The Membership Sales Lead works closely with the Member Services Director and the Health & Fitness Director to attract and retain members, providing excellent onboarding as well as outstanding ongoing member/customer service. The Membership Sales Lead assists in the training of Fitness Desk staff with the goal of providing informative fitness tours and Fitness/Membership sales. Also assists management in meeting membership financial objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Sales and Customer Service
- Achieve monthly sales goals set by Membership and Management team.
- Actively develop leads for prospective members.
- Respond to telephone and email membership inquiries, booking and maintaining appointments for tours. Maintain online tour calendar.
- Provide enthusiastic and informative tours.
- Educate prospective members on the benefits of health and wellness.
- Up-sell personal training and manage intake forms and initiate the scheduling process. Follow all PT sales to completion of first scheduled appointment.
- Complete all membership paperwork accurately for new members, including application/agreements and required personal training forms. Process daily point of sale payments. Track and report daily activity with prospects and daily membership sales.
- Follow inquiries and requests to completion, even when passed to another staff member.
- Respond to all member requests in 24 hours. Maintain availability during membership open business hours for walk in requests and concerns.
Marketing, Communication, and Outreach
- Actively seek out opportunities to market the EDCJCC Fitness Center.
- Distribute passes, fliers, and other materials to create traffic flow of prospective members.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local business and residential buildings to create traffic flow of prospective members.
- Develop relationships with existing members and encourage member referrals.
- Assist with member engagement emails and social networking as needed.
- Maintain marketing materials at the desks and ensure that membership packets are readily available to staff and to the Q St reception desk.
- Manage the scheduling and promotion of monthly member classes and events. Update monthly/event related template flyers for internal posting.
Management & Reporting
- Assist Health & Fitness Director in the training of Fitness Desk Staff for fitness tours/sales.
- Maintain accurate Daily Sales Report for self and team.
- Process daily credit card, check, and cash transactions and report to accounting and to Member Services Director.
- Run end of shift reports for all workdays for self and team, turn in cash and checks to accounting and copies of all reported sales to the Member Services or Health & Fitness Directors.
- Plan and track expenses for any outreach marketing/events. Work with Director to ensure that all outreach efforts are within budget.
- Complete and submit paperwork to assure prompt payment of vendors and accurate accounting.
- Attend Fitness/Membership Committee meetings upon request.
- Assist Membership Director in keeping membership accounts for board members up to date.
- Know your committee members.
- 3+ years sales experience
- 5+ years customer service experience
- Previous leadership experience a plus.
- Personal and/or professional experience with fitness centers
- Outgoing; says “hi” and smiles when greeting members, be the “good will” ambassador within and outside the Center’s walls
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Excellent follow-through with and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, priorities and workflow with success and accuracy
- Self-motivated; takes initiative to begin and complete projects
- Collaborator; partner with Member Services Director and others
- PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as knowledge of member databases. Previous experience with Mindbody Online a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits; health/dental/retirement/life/FSA/membership at the EDCJCC and much more. Hours include Sundays and evenings. Salary range is $45-50,000, depending on experience. Please send cover letter and resume to Tena Howell, Member Services Director; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Type: Full Time, Year-Round, Salaried (Exempt)
Special Considerations: Evening and occasional weekend availability is essential. Full availability for annual May Festival (usually 2-week period in mid-late May) is a requirement.
Benefits: Health, vacation and retirement benefits. Transportation and gym access benefits.
Salary: Starting at $42,000/year
Presented by the Edlavitch DCJCC, JxJ is a multidisciplinary arts program that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film and Music Festivals alongside hybrid arts programming. The public programming of JxJ is primarily split between a major annual Festival and a robust set of year-round offerings that take place in the newly constructed (as of Sep 2019) Cafritz Hall.
Between the Festival and year-round screenings and concerts, JxJ attracts over 30,000 patrons annually and is in an exciting period of expansion.
The Program and Outreach Coordinator provides logistical and administrative support for the annual JxJ Festival and related year-round programming, as well as leading community outreach and customer service initiatives.
• Lead and implement external communication and outreach efforts year-round (including for the Festival).
• Set up and foster ongoing institutional, grassroots, and intra-JCC departmental partnerships.
Guest Management (20%)
• Manage Festival guest travel and hotel stay, as well as ground transportation to and from venues, and daily itineraries. Liaise with guests to provide a pleasant and seamless experience.
Customer Service and Concierge (20%)
• Structure, execute, and optimize JxJ’s customer service protocols and donor communications.
• Assist in crafting and enforcing a consistent and positive patron experience, both on and off site for JxJ events. Work collaboratively with EDCJCC box office personnel to achieve high-level customer care.
Work with JxJ Council (lay leaders) to schedule and organize monthly meetings.
Social Media and Email (20%)
• Assist in planning, crafting, and scheduling JxJ’s external communications, including social media and email, in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Operations.
Event Coordinating (5%)
• Lead special event production (Festival Opening Night, Closing Night, etc.), including room layout, catering, staffing, and general planning.
• General administrative and logistical support as needed. (5%)
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in event production, marketing, or outreach. Preferably at least some experience in non-profit arts organization.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Passion for film and music programming
• Outstanding collaborator and team player
• Proactive problem solver
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience with and understanding of social media channels and best practices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) preferred
• Ability to use or learn to use Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite
• Ability to multitask and work calmly under tight deadlines
• Ability to participate ‘hands on’ in all aspect of event setup, management, and breakdown
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Alexis Rodriguez at email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please use “JxJ Program and Outreach Coordinator” in the email subject line. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Lauren Eskovitz, Preschool Director
Full-Time Position: 40 hours / week
The Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool is seeking full-time early childhood teachers for our year-round program. The EDCJCC Preschool follows a play-based, constructivist/Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We are a Jewish preschool that celebrates Jewish holidays and emphasizes Jewish values. We are in the heart of Washington DC and enjoy the benefit of allowing our students to explore the neighborhood. We are looking for dedicated early childhood educators who are inspired by exploration, investigation, and observation and who are excited to meet children where they are and help them get where they need to go.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. In conjunction with your co-teachers, follow and develop developmentally appropriate, constructivist curriculum that includes best-practices for early childhood education while interweaving Jewish content. This includes:
• Creating a learning space that promotes curiosity, discovery, independence, self-esteem and creativity.
• Creating and documenting units of study by drawing on children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder.
• Being present with children, asking questions, listening and honoring their thoughts and ideas.
• Teaching Jewish content to support children’s Jewish learning and identity.
2. Document children’s learning through tools such as portfolios, visuals and written reflections, as well as provide daily communication with parents.
3. Attend, assist, and participate in staff workshops, meetings, trainings and performance reviews.
4. Work in a partnership that includes staff, parents and children.
5. Fulfill all licensing requirements from OSSE and NAEYC.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates must have:
• A college degree (BA/BS or CDA) or higher in early childhood education/child development.
• Classroom experience working with a mixed age group, 2-5 years of age.
• A demonstrated understanding of the different developmental stages of two-, three-, four-, and five-year-olds, and effective ways to support their social and emotional development.
• Experience developing and delivering age-appropriate curriculum and tracking children’s progress.
• Strong group management skills.
• Exceptional classroom and time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Judaic knowledge or a willingness to learn and implement Judaic culture into the classroom.
Compensation & Benefits
• Compensation is commensurate with experience
• Health/dental/vision/life/insurance, retirement plan, Flexible Spending Accounts including commuter subsidy
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good fit for this position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive and equal opportunity Employer.