Become a member and take advantage of our partner facilities during the renovation.
Our members continue to have access to quality fitness options — including a fitness center, pool, and group exercise classes — all within a quick walk of the Edlavitch DCJCC. To learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDLAVITCH DCJCC MEMBERSHIP FAQS
Can I still join the EDCJCC?
Yes! Please contact Member Services to discuss new membership benefits during renovation.
What options are available to fitness members?
- VIDA Fitness (1517 15th Street, NW): includes cardio and strength and weight training equipment, group exercise classes, locker rooms with amenities and towel service, sauna and steam rooms, and access to Endless Pools® by reservation.
- University Club (1135 16th Street, NW): includes access to five-lane indoor lap pool (60’ long, 5’ deep, heated to 84 degrees), locker rooms, a casual cafe at the aquatic facility, and aqua fitness classes for an additional fee.
- Strength & Stretch Class at Foundry United Methodist Church (1500 16th Street, NW): classes will be offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 AM with a monthly class enrollment fee. Drop-in classes available as space allows.
What is the membership cost?
- 85 + tax per adult per month. Billing goes through the EDCJCC Membership office.
- Membership dues include both VIDA Fitness Center and The University Club lap pool.
- All new memberships require a $100 registration fee.
- Memberships can be suspended for $20/month, or cancelled with one month notice for no fee.
In general, what about the fitness center will change with the renovation?
Your fitness center and locker rooms are being completely renovated! In addition to all the things you won’t “see,” such as HVAC, plumbing, and electrical upgrades, you can look forward to all new finishes, fixtures, fitness equipment, and lockers. We’ll also be adding a family friendly private changing room with its own shower and restroom.
Will Vida or University Club allow me a one-day pass before making a decision?
Both locations offer a tour. Memberships are month-to-month with a one month notice to cancel, so give it a try for the first month! VIDA offers tours between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. University Club offers tours by appointment – to make a reservation, email email@example.com.
Are you offering children’s classes and private swim?
- All children’s aquatics classes and private lessons will be paused during the renovation.
- There will be limited offerings of Parenting Center classes for children and parents during the renovation. You can find current schedule information here or by contacting Miriam Szubin at MiriamS@edcjcc.org.
If I join the JCC, can I bring guests to work out?
- VIDA: Members receive two free anytime/anyone guest passes, plus once monthly free guest days as part of a member appreciation day. You can also provide references for up to five guests who will each be offered a one-week trial.
- University Club: EDCJCC Members cannot bring guests to the University Club pool.