Before Baby: Programs for Parents-To-Be
Biological and adoptive, LGBTQ and straight, singles and couples, Jewish and non-Jewish, people of all abilities – all are welcome to get ready for parenthood at the Edlavitch DCJCC.
We are very excited to return to our beautifully renovated building and to our full slate of programming in September 2019!
Upcoming Before Baby Programs
Nested’s Childbirth Education Boot Camp is a class that will prepare you for your journey through labor, delivery, and the postpartum period!
- Review common third trimester issues and what to expect at your 36-week visit
- Learn about signs and symptoms of labor and delivery and when to call your obstetrician, doula or midwife
- See what the hospital process will look like and what to expect from your healthcare team
- Discuss options for pain management and potential interventions during the labor process
- Let our teachers walk you through the “typical” childbirth scenario but also prepare for the unexpected, including inductions, assisted vaginal births and c-sections.
- Experienced labor doulas demonstrate specialized comfort and breathing techniques for mom and partner to practice and help with pregnancy and labor pain
Nested’s mission is to prepare new parents for the doctor’s office, the delivery room and the adjustment to parenthood.
6 Mondays, October 28-December 2
Pregnant for the first time? Looking to create a community with other expecting moms to exchange ideas and find support? This group will meet weekly for six weeks to provide a safe and facilitated space for moms to discuss their experiences and learn from one another. We will explore several topics, including: concerns about childbirth and parenting; balancing family with work outside the home; navigating new relationships with your partner, parents, and in-laws; and recognizing post (and pre)-partum depression and anxiety. Facilitated by Heather Diamond, Psy.D.