Before Baby: Programs for Parents-To-Be
Biological and adoptive, LGBTQ and straight, singles and couples, Jewish and non-Jewish, people of all abilities – all are welcome to get ready for parenthood at the Edlavitch DCJCC.
Upcoming Before Baby Programs
One day programs offered from 1:00-5:00pm
Fall date options:
Sunday, September 22 THIS DATE IS FULL
Sunday, October 27
Sunday, November 17
Sunday, December 15
Offered in partnership with Nested
Nested’s Childbirth Education Boot Camp is a class that will prepare you for your journey through labor, delivery, and the postpartum period!
- Review common third trimester issues and what to expect at your 36-week visit
- Learn about signs and symptoms of labor and delivery and when to call your obstetrician, doula or midwife
- See what the hospital process will look like and what to expect from your healthcare team
- Discuss options for pain management and potential interventions during the labor process
- Let our teachers walk you through the “typical” childbirth scenario but also prepare for the unexpected, including inductions, assisted vaginal births and c-sections.
- Experienced labor doulas demonstrate specialized comfort and breathing techniques for mom and partner to practice and help with pregnancy and labor pain
Nested’s mission is to prepare new parents for the doctor’s office, the delivery room and the adjustment to parenthood.
Join us for coffee, the company of other new parents, and a relaxed conversation about your baby’s sleep. Gentle sleep coach Jessica Dodson of Starlight Sleep Coaching will discuss how sleep develops during infancy, why it can be so difficult and what you can do to make it easier for both you and your baby. Learn gentle steps you can take to help shape your child’s sleep from their earliest months and how to avoid common pitfalls that can lead to restless nights. Bring your questions – we’ll spend most of our time talking through participants’ specific situations. Babies warmly welcomed!