Current Family Resources

Image of preschool classroom morning meeting

and Snacks

In order to adhere to the EDCJCC’s kosher policy, we ask that school lunches and snacks not contain meat (including red meat or poultry) or shellfish (e.g. shrimp, crab, eel, etc.).

Vegetarian, dairy, and non-shellfish fish are all welcome.

You also have the option to order preschool lunches through Baked by Yael, the café in our lobby. Lunch options are nut-free and certified kosher. Order directly through Baked by Yael and pick up lunches each morning at the café or at the front desk. Please note that orders must be received in advance and are not available for purchase without pre-order.

Baked By Yael lunches are not managed by the EDCJCC. Please reach out to Courtnee Davenport at Baked By Yael with any questions about ordering.

Changing Your Recurring Tuition Payment Authorization

If at any point in the year you want to change the form of payment that we have in file for your monthly tuition (for example, from credit card to ACH or from one account to another), please email Courtney Brown at

Pull Financial Statements

In order to pull financial statements, please login to your MyEDCJCC account. Click the red Statements button on the right-hand side of the screen, underneath your household members. Select the month or custom date of the statements you would like to see.

2024-2025 Required Forms

If your child will be enrolled with us for the 2024-25 school year, the required forms are now live in your My EDCJCC account and ready to be downloaded, filled out, and submitted. Below are detailed step-by-step instructions on how to access your account and download/upload your forms.

The forms that you will see in your account are as follows. All forms are fillable PDFs. Unless otherwise noted, all forms must be filled out and signed by a parent.

  • Registration record for receiving care away from home
  • Authorization for emergency medical treatment
  • Permissions and authorizations
  • Family and child information form
  • DC universal health certification. This form must be filled out by your doctor and also must be signed by a parent at the end of the first section before being submitted. This form must be dated within the past year.
  • Oral health certificate. Only for children who are 3 and older. This form must be filled out by your dentist and must be dated within the past year. This form is not required for children younger than 3. If your child will turn 3 during the 2024-25 school year, you will need to submit it on or soon after their birthday.

What to Have for Preschool

Here is our general list of items that your child will need for the first day of school and beyond. The class teachers will let you know if there are additional items that you need. 

Please label everything with your child’s first and last name! You can label yourself with a sharpie or you can buy stick-on labels through sites such as Mabel’s Labels and Label Dad.

  • A preschooler-sized backpack (will be brought to school and brought home every day). No rolling backpacks, please.
  • An insulated lunch box that will fit inside your child’s backpack (will be brought to school and brought home every day for cleaning). Please have a separate compartment or container for snacks, so that the teachers know what is intended for snack vs what is intended for lunch. 
  • A water bottle that will fit inside your child’s backpack (will be brought to school and brought home every day for cleaning)
  • A nap mat or cot sheet and blanket (will be kept at school during the week and sent home over the weekend to be washed)
  • Pro Parent Tip: We highly recommend buying a nap mat like the ones shown here. They fold up nicely and are easy to transport back and forth to school weekly.
  • A preschooler-sized backpack (will be brought to school and brought home every day). No rolling backpacks, please.
  • One box of 100 count latex gloves. As gloves run out, the staff will ask you to replenish the supply.
  • Disposable diapers/pull-ups and wipes, if necessary. Each child will have his or her own supply of diapers and wipes kept at the changing table or by the bathroom. The staff will notify you when your child’s supplies are low.
  • A complete change of clothes. Shirt, bottoms (pants, shorts or skirt), underpants and socks. Please label all items with your child’s name. Children who are in the process of toilet training should bring several changes of clothes and possibly an extra pair of shoes. As the year progresses, teachers will remind you to replace the extra clothing with seasonally appropriate attire. 
  • blanket and a cot sheet OR nap mat for naptime. At the end of each week the sheet and blanket will be returned home. Please wash the items and return them to school on your child’s next day here. You can also tuck a small stuffed animal or lovey in with the nap mat if your child needs it for napping.
  • Backpack containing lunch in an insulated lunchbox and snacks (no meat, no shellfish, no peanuts) and a water bottle. Please make it clear what is for snack vs what is for lunch.
  • Comfortable play clothes that can get dirty.
  • Rubber-soled shoes, preferably close-toed (no flip flops!)
  • Seasonally appropriate outerwear for outdoor play (hat, sunscreen, coats, mittens, etc)
  • Pacifiers
  • Baby bottles. All children should be using a water bottle or closed cup.
  • Glass containers or bottles
  • Toys or valuable items
  • Peanuts or peanut products (other food restrictions may also be determined by the allergies of the children in your class)
  • Meat or shellfish

Taking Medication at School

DC Licensing regulations stipulate that we must receive the a Specific Medication Authorization form from you in order to give any medicine (including over-the-counter) to your child. Any prescription medicine must also be authorized by your doctor.

Please use this form to authorize any specific instance in which you would like us to give medicine to your child. Please be sure to give the form to your child’s teacher in a timely fashion. 

Updating Your Annual Medical and Dental Form

According to our DC licensing, we are required to have an up-to-date Health Certificate on file for every child in the school, and an up-to-date Oral Health Assessment form for every child over the age of 3. These forms are only valid for one year after the exam date listed, and must be updated annually. Whenever you go to the doctor or dentist for an annual checkup, please print out a copy of the form, have them fill it out, and then scan it and email it to Arielle at


We must have an up-to-date Allergy Action Plan for any child who has allergies. Please fill out this form and return it to Arielle at

Teacher Employment with Individual Families

Families are welcome to reach out directly to Preschool staff about babysitting or other employment outside of school hours. However, any time that an Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool staff member is employed by an individual EDCJCC Preschool family, whether for babysitting, tutoring, pet-sitting, picking up/taking home a child, or any other purpose, the family must sign a release of liability form (found below) prior to this taking place.

This form must be signed even if the engagement between the EDCJCC staff member and EDCJCC family is not for remuneration. This form acknowledges that this engagement is outside of the regular relationship between the family and the EDCJCC and releases the Edlavitch DCJCC from all liability that may arise from this private arrangement.