Edlavitch DCJCC Fitness Center is now open!
We’re so happy to welcome you back. If you are not yet a member, please click here for more information on how to join the Center. Already a member?
In an effort to welcome you back to the safest environment, we want to make you aware of a few important details:
- In order to promote social distancing, all visits to the Fitness Center will require appointments that must be made in advance. Members are limited to one appointment per day.
- Based on new guidelines set forth by Mayor Bowser effective 5:00 AM on Saturday, July 31, all visitors to the EDCJCC over the age of two will be requires to wear a mask in all indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status. This includes all fitness members while in the fitness center, locker rooms, on the pool deck, or in a group exercise class. Swimmers may remove their face mask when entering the Pool, but are asked to wear their mask at all other times, including on the Pool Deck.
- VACCINE REQUIREMENT (effective September 1, 2021): All individuals will be required to show proof of full vaccination each time they enter the EDCJCC by presenting either digital documentation on a smartphone or a printed copy of their vaccination card. Individuals with medical or religious exemptions to vaccinations will be required to show proof of a NEGATIVE Covid-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of their arrival to the EDCJCC. Children under the age of 12 who are not yet old enough to be vaccinated are not required to show a negative PCR test.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the EDCJCC Community Health Pledge. This will be available for you to sign when you make your online appointment. Before entering the EDCJCC, your temperature will be checked using a touchless thermometer. All members must present a photo ID to check in.
- Fitness Center and Pool hours have been temporarily adjusted as shown below to accommodate for increased cleanings before, during, and after reservations
- Fitness Center Hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 6:00 AM – 12:30 PM, 2:45 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday: 6:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Aquatics Lap Swim Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Monday: 6:45 PM – 8:00 PM
- Tuesday – Thursday: 7:30 – 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM, 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Fitness Center Hours:
- For information on scheduling a private swim lesson, please click here.
- In addition to extra cleanings that will be underway by EDCJCC staff, we ask that you wipe down all fitness equipment before and after each use with a sanitary wipe provided.
- Locker rooms & showers are open. Free day-use lockers and towel service are available. Steam rooms are closed.
- Personal training is now available. Please contact Andre Dixon to schedule training sessions.
- Please adhere to all of the new guidelines designated throughout the EDCJCC, designed to protect your health and safety.