Edlavitch DCJCC Aquatics Polices
If a class needs to be cancelled, we will do our best to schedule the make-up class on the same day/time as the regular class. We reserve the right to schedule make-ups on a different day and/or time if necessary. If a make-up is offered, you will not be refunded for the cancelled class, even if you cannot attend the make-up. If there is no possibility for a make-up, we will issue a refund to your credit card.
If classes or lessons are cancelled because of inclement weather, we will do our best to schedule a make-up. You will receive a refund for the class if there is no possibility of a make-up.
If a teacher needs to cancel a class/lesson or there is an inclement weather delay or closing, families registered in the class will receive an email at the address listed on their registration form. We will give as much notice as we can about cancellations, but please note that we are not equipped to make phone calls or send text messages; email is the only way that you will be notified, even for last-minute cancellations.
Group Class Policies
There are no refunds or credits given for withdrawals if made later than two weeks prior to the start date of the class, or for classes not attended. For cancellations made more than two weeks before the start date of the class, you will receive a full refund minus the $2 credit card processing fee.
We cannot allow swimmers to make up a missed class by attending a class for which they are not registered. This includes attending class on the opposite day for which they are registered.
Online registration must be completed with the name of the family attending class. Please do not sign up for others under your name. Classes are not transferable to another party.
Only the child and parent/guardian who registered for a group swim class and are on the Aquatics Consent & Release of Liability form may participate in the class. Parents/guardians may not bring children to a class for which they are not registered.
For the Little Flippers, Polliwogs, and Tadpoles classes, only one parent/guardian may participate in the pool with the child. We ask that spectators do not observe these group classes from the pool deck. For Guppies, one parent/guardian may observe the class from the pool deck.
Private/Semi-Private Lesson Policies
There are no refunds or credits given for withdrawals if made after the start date of the first class, or for classes not attended. Cancellations made within less than 24 hours will be charged as a lesson. Please contact your instructor directly to cancel classes.
Cancellations due to illness may result in postponement of classes. Late arrival of more than 15 minutes is subject to a late cancellation.
Semi-private and side-by-side appointments are held to the same standard: in the event one student is unavailable, the other is still required to participate unless otherwise arranged with the instructor.
Classes must be booked in advance, and any alterations to scheduled classes should be confirmed by the instructor first. Only the child(ren) who is registered for private or semi-private swim classes and are on the Aquatics Consent & Release of Liability form may participate in the class.
Packages expire after 60 days unless otherwise directed. Please make sure to redeem all classes before the 60-day period is up, or the classes will be forfeited.
- Follow all Lifeguard and pool staff instructions.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- Do not enter the water if you are sick. Please wait 24 hours after a fever and 7 days after gastrointestinal illness to enter the pool.
- No one is permitted in the pool with open wounds, cuts, sores and bandages.
- ANYONE under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver.
- No running, roughness, rowdiness, or any other behaviors which could compromise safety. Proper swim wear is required. Any person not in swimwear will not be allowed in the pool.
- All toddlers must wear swim diapers until potty trained.
- No food, drinks, or glass containers are allowed in the pool area.
- Swimmers may NOT enter the pool less than 20 minutes prior to closing.
- Swimmers must exit the pool 5 minutes prior to a scheduled class, or as directed by the lifeguard and pool staff.
- No shoes are allowed on the deck.
- Please leave personal belongings in the locker room, there is no designated area for personal belongings in the pool area.