Health and Safety
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com and we will respond as best and as quickly as possible.
For information on current Fitness Center policies, please click here.
The EDCJCC is committed to the health and safety of our community above all else and, particularly at a time when children under the age of 12 are not eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination, we are taking additional steps with respect to vaccinations and masks in order to protect the children in our building, in our homes, and in our community.
Effective September 1, 2021, the EDCJCC will require all staff and community participants (above the age of 12) to be fully vaccinated to work at, volunteer, or participate in programs/activities/events at the EDCJCC. This policy will be subject to change based on guidance from the CDC, as well as guidance from local governmental health authorities.
Fully vaccinated means either that 14 days have passed since receiving the second dose of an FDA or WHO authorized double-dose vaccine or that 14 days have passed since receiving the sole dose of an FDA or WHO authorized single-dose vaccine.
Those coming into the EDCJCC will be required to show proof of vaccination at the point of entry into the building either by displaying digital documentation of vaccination on a smartphone or by presenting a physical copy of a vaccination card (and, if necessary, proof of identification). For people with a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from getting the COVID-19 vaccination, in lieu of proof of vaccination those individuals must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the JCC) upon entry to the building.
EDCJCC staff will submit a copy of their vaccination card to the EDCJCC’s Director of Human Resources. Any staff who have been approved for a medical or religious exemption in accordance with applicable EDCJCC policies and procedures will submit proof of negative PCR test results to HR via email each Monday and Friday before arriving to work. Staff who are beginning the vaccination process now or in the weeks ahead but will not be fully vaccinated by September 1 will also be allowed to submit negative PCR test results twice a week until they are fully vaccinated.
Mask-wearing inside of the EDCJCC will also be required by everyone at all times (as is currently required by the District of Columbia), except while eating or drinking in designated locations.
The vaccination and mask policy will be updated based on CDC guidance, as well as guidance from local and state governmental health authorities. Updates or adjustments to this policy will be communicated on our website and in emails to our community. This policy will be implemented and enforced in full compliance with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodations of disabilities and religious beliefs.
There is a deeply held Jewish value of pikuach nefesh, which holds that the protection of human life is the highest priority above all other laws/requirements/freedoms. Thank you for joining the EDCJCC in an effort to combat COVID-19 and to keep our community safe.
We look forward to welcoming you back into community moments in the months ahead and want you to feel confident that we are doing this with your safety as our top priority.
What COVID-19 Preventive Measures Can You Take?
DC Health continues to recommend the same precautions that help to prevent the spread of those common illnesses:
• Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol can be used if soap and water are not available. The CDC has a helpful handwashing resource page with activities for families and videos in English and Spanish.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when feeling sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What Preventative Measures and Precautions are the EDCJCC Taking?
In addition to implementing the measures suggested by the CDC and other authorities, the EDCJCC is taking these specific precautions within our building:
• Working to place hand sanitizers in all public areas and high touch areas, including but not limited to the Preschool and other ECYF spaces, Cafritz Hall, Goldman Theater, the Fitness Center, in restrooms, and throughout the main lobby.
• Placing signage in all restrooms encouraging visitors to wash their hands according to CDC guidelines.
• Implementing additional cleaning and disinfectant procedures throughout the building during the day.
• Encouraging all staff to stay home if they are displaying any of the symptoms listed above.