Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool Information for Current Students and Families
If your child will be enrolled with us for the 2022-23 school year, the following SIX FORMS (for 2 year-olds) or SEVEN FORMS (for 3-5 year-olds) need to be filled out and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25, 2022.
- REGISTRATION RECORD FOR RECEIVING CARE AWAY FROM HOME This fillable PDF must be filled out, signed by parent, and emailed back to us. A new version of this form must be filled out for each school year.
- AUTHORIZATION FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT This fillable PDF must be filled out, signed by parent, and emailed back to us. A new version of this form must be filled out for each school year.
- PERMISSIONS AND AUTHORIZATIONS This fillable PDF must be filled out, signed by parent, and emailed back to us. A new version of this form must be filled out for each school year.
- AUTHORIZATION FOR RECURRING PAYMENT This fillable PDF must be filled out, signed by parent, and emailed back to us. A new version of this form must be filled out for each school year.
- FAMILY CHILD INFORMATION FORM
This Google form must be filled out by a parent.
- DC UNIVERSAL HEALTH CERTIFICATION This fillable PDF must be filled out by doctor but ALSO must be signed by a parent at the end of the first section before being submitted. This form must be dated within the past year.
- (FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE 3 AND OLDER):
ORAL HEALTH CERTIFICATE This fillable PDF must be filled out by dentist. This form must be dated within the past year. This form is not required for children younger than 3.
DC Licensing regulations stipulate that we must receive the a Specific Medication Authorization form from you in order to give any medicine (including over-the-counter) to your child. Any prescription medicine must also be authorized by your doctor. Please use this form to authorize any specific instance in which you would like us to give medicine to your child. Please be sure to give the form to your child’s teacher in a timely fashion.
According to our DC licensing, we are required to have an up-to-date Health Certificate on file for every child in the school, and an up-to-date Oral Health Assessment form for every child over the age of 3. These forms are only valid for one year after the exam date listed, and must be updated annually. Whenever you go to the doctor or dentist for an annual checkup, please print out a copy of the form, have them fill it out, and then scan it and email it to email@example.com.
Families are welcome to reach out directly to Preschool staff about babysitting or other employment outside of school hours. However, any time that an Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool staff member is employed by an individual EDCJCC Preschool family, whether for babysitting, tutoring, pet-sitting, picking up/taking home a child, or any other purpose, the family must sign a release of liability form (found below) prior to this taking place. This form must be signed even if the engagement between the EDCJCC staff member and EDCJCC family is not for remuneration. This form acknowledges that this engagement is outside of the regular relationship between the family and the EDCJCC and releases the Edlavitch DCJCC from all liability that may arise from this private arrangement.
The EDCJCC Preschool uses an online database (CampMinder) that allows preschool families to have easy access to tuition receipts, necessary paperwork, and enrichment class registration.
Click on the link below to access your account and/or reset your password.
Login to Campminder
Click on the link below to read important information about using CampMinder
Read our CampMinder How-Tos
If you need a financial statement (for dependent care reimbursement or for any other reason), please follow these instructions:
1. Log into to your CampMinder account
2. Choose the Financial Management option on your Dashboard.
3. Make sure that the drop-down menu is set to the calendar year for which you need a Statement.
4. Click on “View Statement” at the bottom of the page.
5. This will open up a PDF of your Statement/Invoice that will list all of the programs for which you are registered in that calendar year. You will see all itemized billing items broken down by child, followed by itemized payments for the family, followed by total charges for the year and your family balance. You can download and print this PDF.
The Edlavitch DCJCC’s tax ID number (FEIN: 52-1398151) is at the bottom, underneath your Family Balance.
6. If your system requires a signature, please print your printed statement in and give it to any member of the Preschool Administration Team to sign.
In order to adhere to the EDCJCC’s kosher policy, we ask that school lunches and snacks not contain meat (including red meat or poultry) or shellfish (e.g. shrimp, crab, eel , etc). Vegetarian, dairy, and non-shellfish fish are all welcome. Please see more Lunch and Snack guidelines and suggestions here.
WHAT TO HAVE FOR PRESCHOOL
Here is our general list of items that your child will need for the first day of school and beyond. The class teachers will let you know if there are additional items that you need.
To buy before school starts:
- Masks that fit your child comfortably (we will update you towards the end of the summer about whether masks will still be required).
- A preschooler-sized backpack (will be brought to school and brought home every day). No rolling backpacks, please.
- An insulated lunch box that will fit inside your child’s backpack (will be brought to school and brought home every day for cleaning). Please have a separate compartment or container for snacks, so that the teachers know what is intended for snack vs what is intended for lunch.
- A water bottle that will fit inside your child’s backpack (will be brought to school and brought home every day for cleaning)
- A nap mat or cot sheet and blanket (will be kept at school during the week and sent home over the weekend to be washed)
- Pro Parent Tip: I highly recommend buying a nap mat like the ones shown here. They fold up nicely and are easy to transport back and forth to school weekly.
Please email a digital photo of your family, and a digital photo of just your child to the classroom email address (which you will get before school starts) before the first day of school.
To Be Brought In On the First Day and then Left At School:
- One box of 100 count latex gloves. As gloves run out, the staff will ask you to replenish the supply.
- Disposable diapers/pull-ups and wipes, if necessary. Each child will have his or her own supply of diapers and wipes kept at the changing table or by the bathroom. The staff will notify you when your child’s supplies are low.
- A complete change of clothes. Shirt, bottoms (pants, shorts or skirt), underpants and socks. Please label all items with your child’s name. Children who are in the process of toilet training should bring several changes of clothes and possibly an extra pair of shoes. As the year progresses, teachers will remind you to replace the extra clothing with seasonally appropriate attire.
- A blanket and a cot sheet OR nap mat for naptime. At the end of each week the sheet and blanket will be returned home. Please wash the items and return them to school on your child’s next day here. You can also tuck a small stuffed animal or lovey in with the nap mat if your child needs it for napping.
- Extra masks (if still required)
To Be Brought In/Worn Daily:
- Backpack containing lunch in an insulated lunchbox and snacks (no meat, no shellfish, no peanuts) and a water bottle. Please make it clear what is for snack vs what is for lunch.
- Comfortable play clothes that can get dirty
- Rubber-soled shoes, preferably close-toed (no flip flops!)
- Seasonally appropriate outerwear for outdoor play (hat, sunscreen, coats, mittens, etc)
Please Do Not Bring:
- Glass containers or bottles
- Toys or valuable items
- Peanuts or peanut products (other food restrictions may also be determined by the allergies of the children in your class)
- Meat or shellfish