Help replenish the blood supply in the DC metro area!
It’s safe, easy, confidential, and extremely rewarding. The EDCJCC partners with Inova Blood Services to bring skilled technicians and top-of-the-line equipment for our quarterly blood drives.
A few facts about donating blood:
- One blood donation can save four lives
- All donations stay in the Washington, DC area
- Every 17 seconds, someone in the DC area needs a blood donation
- One out of 10 people will need a donation before the age of 70
- The body quickly replaces the amount of blood given during the donation
For more information and to see eligibility requirements for donating, please click here. Please plan on your blood donation to take about an hour from start to finish.
Making an appointment in advance is highly encouraged.
***Please note that appointments can be made up to 24 hours in advance, but if you miss the deadline to make an appointment you should still come in! Walk-ins will be taken throughout the evening.***
Volunteer with the blood drive
We need your help to run our Blood Drive. Volunteers greet, check people in, and provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for blood donors throughout their experience. We request that you volunteer for a minimum of 1 hour. To volunteer, simply click on the “Set Appointment” button and select “VOLUNTEER” as your registration type.