Help replenish the blood supply in the DC metro area!
It’s safe, easy, confidential, and extremely rewarding. The EDCJCC partners with Inova Blood Services to bring skilled technicians and top-of-the-line equipment for our quarterly blood drives. Our Spring Blood Drive will take place in a bloodmobile parked in front of the EDCJCC building (on the Q Street side). Inova Blood Services follows all CDC and local guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety to ensure the health and well-being of all donors and staff.
This drive will be by appointment only and no walk-ins are available, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please click on the “tickets” button to make an appointment.
The DC area is currently experiencing a blood shortage so please donate if you can!
A few facts about donating blood:
- One blood donation can save four lives
- All donations stay in the Washington, DC area
- Every 17 seconds, someone in the DC area needs a blood donation
- One out of 10 people will need a donation before the age of 70
- The body quickly replaces the amount of blood given during the donation
For more information and to see eligibility requirements for donating, please click here. Please plan on your blood donation to take about an hour from start to finish.