What: Join us (in person) to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for neighbors experiencing food insecurity. This activity will take place in the EDCJCC parking lot. All CDC guidelines will be observed. Please note we request volunteers to be at least 10 years old to participate.
Why: Food insecurity has risen exponentially due to the pandemic. The District’s food insecurity rate was estimated to be at least 16% in 2020, up from 10.6% before the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new report by the D.C. Office of Planning.
When: Sunday, February 28 from 2:00 – 3:00 PM. In case of inclement weather, this activity will be canceled.
- Please register for each individual in your party. Tables can hold up to 6 people, and each table will hold one family or pod unit. If you are registering as an individual, you will have your own table.
- We only have 10 spots for this activity – so sign up today!
- Children must be 10 years old to participate.
- Please note that we request a tax-deductible donation of $8 per person to cover the costs of this program in order to ensure that we are able to purchase high-quality ingredients. Please contact Sonya if this poses a barrier to participation.
- Click the “Sign Me Up!” button or the ticket icon to the right to continue to registration.
Safety measures we are taking:
- We are limiting the number of participates to 12 including staff.
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times.
- Everyone, including staff, will have their temperature taken that morning.
- All tables will be spaced 6 feet apart, and social distancing will be maintained as strictly as possible.
- All participants will also be asked to sign a community health pledge in advance, which can be found here.
- Please note that if you will be traveling outside of MD, DC, VA, WV, or DE less than two weeks prior to February 28, you must self-quarantine for two weeks and therefore unfortunately cannot participate in our in-person event.
Questions? Contact Sonya at email@example.com.