1529 16th Street NW
Washington DC 20036
Nested’s Newborn Care Boot Camp is a comprehensive class that will prepare you for the moment your baby is born through the first few anxiety-provoking months. We take you on a journey from the day of discharge through your newborn’s first few months at home.
Our emphasis is setting your family up for a smooth transition, promoting a healthy baby, parents and supporting community.
- Review normal newborn appearance and hospital discharge logistics
- Learn signs of newborn illness and when to call your pediatrician
- Our clinical instructors will demonstrate swaddling, soothing techniques, bathing and changing diapers
- Parents will learn choking prevention tactics and infant CPR and demonstrate how to resuscitate a specialized CPR non responsive dolls
- Clients will have access to physical therapy videos to address proper ergonomics to prevent musculoskeletal injury new parents face
- This class also incorporates the new challenges of a growing family in terms of boundaries with work and family
Ultimately, clients will be armed with a toolkit to strengthen the physical and emotional health of the entire family. This is a perfect class for biological, adoptive or foster parents, friends, caregivers, nannies and grandparents.