NESTED Comprehensive Babysitting with CPR Certification (IN PERSON)
1529 16th Street NW
Washington DC 20036
Comprehensive Babysitting w/CPR certification
Nested offers this American Red Cross Comprehensive Babysitting class with Pediatric & Adult CPR/Choking Prevention/First Aid/AED certification in a blended learning class format to help you provide the care that families need. It consists of a self-paced, interactive online session to be taken in the convenience of your home, followed by an in-person, hands-on skills training and discussion session with one of Nested’s certified American Red Cross instructors.
AUDIENCE: 7th graders and above — This course is ideal for childcare professionals (e.g., nannies, au pairs, and babysitters) as well as parents, grandparents, and siblings to help prepare you to recognize and respond to a variety of breathing and cardiac emergencies involving children and babies and expectations & goals for your child’s caretaker.
OVERVIEW OF CLASS:
- Learning how to speak with potential families about rules and expectations of your babysitting availability, including consent forms, fees, etc.
- Conducting a self-assessment to determine your skill set, the number of kids and type of duties you’d be comfortable with providing
- Learning how to safely advertise yourself
- Caring for kids from feeding to bedtime, including ideas about activities to play with children
- Learning what is an emergency and how to handle it
- Working through difficult babysitting scenarios
Included Tools and Resources
- Resume template
- Family interview form
NOTE: The online portion must be completed PRIOR to being eligible to attend the hands-on portion of the class.
Refunds are not available for this class.
Registration for this class closes approximately 2 weeks prior to the class date. This is provide time for the client data to be processed into the American Red Cross system, which will then auto-send the account creation & log-in details to the clients to provide plenty of time to take & successfully pass the online portion of the class.
Note: 1 registration ticket allows for 1 person to attend & take this class.