Cherry Blossom Bike Ride
Join EDCJCC members and membership staff for a group ride to see the cherry blossoms. We’ll depart at 5:30 PM and head down to the Jefferson Memorial, with the option to relax at the memorial for a shorter ride or continue around the Hanes Point loop (8.8 mile total ride). We’ll all meet back at the Jefferson Memorial to ride back together.
Bike lights and helmets required. This ride is open to all, but bike trailers are not recommended on this route. Bring your own water and snacks and bike repair kits. We will have a ride leader and a sweep (no one left behind!). We will not have mechanical support staff.
RSVP required. To RSVP, click the link below.
Meet: 5:15 PM at EDCJCC Parking Lot
Wheels up: 5:30 PM
For step by step GPS instructions, use this link to follow the Ride for the Living route.
Shorter ride (approximately 5 miles round trip)
1. Start at EDCJCC Parking Lot, Q St. NW
2. Right onto 15 St. NW
3. Continue on 15 St southbound to Lafayette Square
4. Continue through Lafayette Square onto Madison, then left onto Pennsylvania Avenue NW, right onto 15 St NW (construction alternate route below)
5. If Lafayette Square is closed to construction, left onto H St NW, then right onto 15 St NW
6. Continue on the 15 St cycle track bike lanes – 15 St. turns into Raoul Wallenberg Place SW
7. Left onto Ohio Drive SW
8. Veer right and stay at the Jefferson Memorial to relax under the blooms – bring water and picnic snacks!
(Steps 9-14 for longer ride below)
15. Left onto Ohio Drive SW
16. Cross Main Avenue SW to turn left onto Raoul Wallenberg Place SW
17. Left onto Pennsylvania Avenue NW (if no construction), and Right to go through Lafayette Square – Otherwise head north on 15th St
18. At Q Street dismount and walk half a block to the EDCJCC Parking Lot
Longer ride (approximately 8.8 miles round trip)
Follow steps 1 – 7 of the short ride
9. Keep left onto Ohio Drive SW
10. Turn right onto the bike path, continue to Ohio Drive SW
11. Turn right onto Ohio Drive SW
12. Turn right onto Buckey Dr. SW
13. Make a U Turn onto Ohio Drive SW
14. Meet up at the Jefferson Memorial