Virtual High Holiday Resources from the EDCJCC
See below for a list of High Holiday resources from our community and beyond that include cooking programs, workshops, virtual services, and more.
- Monday, September 14: Songful Selihot with Rabbi Aviva Richman and Joey Weisenberg
- Tuesday, September 15: Rosh Hashanah Storytime
- Wednesday, September 16: Taste the High Holidays: Pomegranate Edition
- Wednesdays, beginning September 16: Reading Between the Lines: Acting Out the High Holidays
- Thursday, September 17: Rosh Hashanah Family Challah Bake
- Friday, October 2: Sukkot To Go
- Friday, October 2: Silly Sukkah Storytime
- Sunday, October 4: Taste the High Holidays: Apple Butter
- Tuesday, October 6: Taste the High Holidays: Pickling Preserving, and Food Waste
- Wednesday, October 7: When Home is a “Booth in the Desert”: Youth Homelessness in DC
Adas Israel Congregation (Conservative)
Bet Mishpachah (Independent LGBTQ congregation)
DC Minyan (Traditional egalitarian community)
Hill Havurah (Non-denominational)
Machar (Secular Humanist)
Fabrangen (Independent Havurah)
New Synagogue Project (Non-denominational)
Temple Micah (Reform)
Temple Sinai (Reform)
Washington Hebrew (Reform)
Opening Your Virtual Gates: Making Online High Holiday Celebrations Accessible to All
The EDCJCC is proud to be included in a coalition of 24 Jewish organizations, led by RespectAbility, in releasing a new toolkit to help congregations make their High Holiday services and events accessible.
The EDCJCC is partnering with nearly 30 Jewish organizations around DC to welcome the new year with a citywide Shofar blast! At 5:00 PM on Erev Rosh Hashanah, go outside and blow your shofar – or find someone blowing the shofar near you. Check out theblastdc.com to pin your location and for more information, and be sure to follow @theblastdc on twitter.
- Sunday, September 20, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM: Marlene Meyerson JCC – Virtual Musical Rosh Hashanah (Alternative) Service for the Whole Family
- Lab/Shul’s Shuvu Challenge: an invitation for a personal and collective process of honest review, resolve, and renewal.
- Mishkan Chicago: (inspired down-to-earth Judaism) invites you to a live and interactive Family Services over Zoom
- Ikar – LA: heart-opening, soul-stretching music and sermons from the rooftop of Shalhevet right into your living room, garage, or backyard!
- The Kitchen – San Francisco: High Holiday services deeply grounded in exploration of Jewish tradition, text, and ritual.
- Sim Shalom Jewish Universalist Online Synagogue: Zoom Services with Rabbi Blane and a jazz trio PLUS- guest Cantor(s) and Rabbi(s) who will join us from around the country.
- Brooklyn Bowl: Live stream concerts and spiritually driven services featuring members of Dr. Dog, Dharma Punks, Real Estate, Antibalas, Patti Smith Group, Arcade Fire, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Balkan Beat Box, and more.)